This article was created due to a lack of an in-depth explanation about who we actually are and what it is that we actually do at dailyprog.
Not much has been said about the early beginnings of the dailyprog community. A lot of it remains hidden, from a time where itsumi was not built, or even had the functionality to log our messages.
Our name is inspired out of 4chan’s /g/dpt thread. As /g/ is a board which some of us browse and post on, and we we’re almost always just talking about our projects, it seemed like a pretty good name.
In essence, the dailyprog community was founded by mabynogy, kenster and myself.
The founders met in the slasheva channel, that served the purpose of being a discussion group for creating an elevated voice assistant, idea courtesy of mabynogy. The voice assistant was planned to be built in C++ (with a twist of Common Lisp) but it hasn’t seen the light of day, as of now the project stays on hold.
Kenster even made memes about it!
Present day, heh… present time!
At the time of me writing this article, our IRC channel currently had 36 online users, 3 ops, and 6 halfops. We are a pretty strongly-knit community, we sometimes review eachothers code, help fix bugs or contribute to projects.
While I was writing this article:
- kenster just set up a date for his Comfy Lisp Programming stream which you can find here
- I just finished the basis of my cl-ipfs API client and thinking of what features to add next.
- tacixat and mabynogy are working on a micropayments system.
- JDTAY is learning about love2d in Lua
- verisimilitude is finishing up his MMC for which he derived three libraries.
- drakstik is back with his IRC bot (drakstikbot)
- Oxyg is building our backoffice.
- We are planning on having more people join our community.
- We also want to create a bridge in where our community members will easily find projects that they like to work on as freelancers or employees and get paid for it.
- Build a backoffice on our website for the community.
- Assign responsabilities and roles to members.