jdtay started his first game fully made in Lua with Love2D few weeks ago.
Canvas describing the game
A single player casual strategy game - work in progress
Player will perform actions in order to find and claim cheeses.
In the year 42XX, researchers have recently uncovered an ancient energy source called cheese. You are the leader of a special paramilitary squad, tasked with exploring time and space… …in order to retrieve cheese specimens for research. Your mission could be the key to saving Earth… …or just securing tons of funding and power for yourself.
Explore, Invade, Recruit, Equip, Train, Build, Vault, Stats, System
- Explore - Open up portals to new tiled areas which contain treasures, including one cheese.
- Invade - Invade an area one tile at a time with your forces in an attempt to find and claim its cheese.
- Recruit - Expand your forces by purchasing new units.
- Equip - Customize your units’ equipment.
- Train - Customize your units’ skills.
- Build - Expand your base to improve other actions.
- Vault - View your cheeses.
- Stats - View game and individual unit statistics.
- System - Options, save, load, return to title, all that good stuff.
- Codename FUNNYFARM
- “Farm planet where a rogue AI created sentient foodforms.”
- “Cheese is said to be abundant and hostile.”
- Codename REBELRAT
- “A supply planet for the People’s Rodent Army.”
- “Cheese is precious and heavily guarded.”
- Codename GETGOUDA
- “Host planet of the deadly Gouda Games.”
- “Cheese goes to the last thing standing.”
More areas to be included…
- Each tile will have enemies to fight.
- Player units and enemies have one base stat, strength.
- Units and enemies also have equipment and skills that give bonuses to strength in certain situations.
- Enemies can have a certain number of units assigned to attack them based on size.
- If a group of units assigned to an enemy has strength matching or exceeding an enemy, the enemy is defeated.
- Otherwise, the units are defeated and will be revived by cloning after the player has left the area.
- Not all information is known about an enemy at the beginning of an encounter.
- A failed attempt to defeat an enemy will reveal more information about it.
jdtay homepage: /~jdtay/